About Sport North East
Sport North East is one of 9 Regional Sports Assemblies in Victoria. Our core purpose is to support people of all ages and abilities in North East Victorian communities to live an active lifestyle, and participate in sport and active recreation. We work with sporting clubs, community organisations, and local people in Alpine, Indigo and Towong Shires, the Rural City of Wangaratta, and City of Wodonga.
We are a part of The Centre for Continuing Education Inc.
In its provision of services to individuals and the community, The Centre works co-operatively through alliances and partnerships with a wide range of organisations, communities and educational institutions.
Sport North East is a small team of dedicated sports enthusiasts and community champions committed to developing strong partnerships with clubs, local government, community organisations, and our funding providers.
“We’re the link between grassroots clubs, state sporting associations, and funding bodies. We provide information, advice, and club development support for organisations in the North East.”
Sport North East helps sporting clubs build their capacity to provide sport to more people, and to people of all abilities. We are the ‘go to’ resource for clubs, local government, and other community stakeholders.
We provide ideas for growth, sustainability and long term survival, governance, compliance and administration support, so club members can spend more time playing the game they love.
We work with community sporting clubs and active recreation organisations in :
- Increasing access – Creating programs that welcome people of all abilities (Access All Abilities).
- Increasing diversity and growing membership – Creating programs that include women, youth, and others in sport and active recreation.
- Growth and sustainability – We can provide promotion support, and help you access grants to achieve your goals.
- Club troubleshooting – Our team understands club governance, structure, reporting, and all the mundane tasks that are part-and-parcel of club administration. We can help you figure it out and meet your SSA obligations, as well as the requirements of running a club!
- Finding and retaining volunteers – As part of The Centre, we have access to a comprehensive database of volunteers that may be available, as well as resources for supporting and retaining volunteers.
- Nationally recognised training – The Centre (a child safe organisation) is a registered training organisation (TOID 4172) offering courses in First Aid and Responsible Service of Alcohol.
Our Goals :
1. To assist North East Victorian sporting clubs to become resilient and self-sustaining.
2. To increase the availability of sport for people of all abilities
3. To be the ‘go to’ resource for clubs, local government and other community stakeholders wanting sport and active recreation development advice.