Cross-Border Community Restriction Update- 11th August 2021
The lockdown in Metropolitan Melbourne has been extended by seven days until 11.59pm, Thursday19th August 2021. With the lockdown extending in Melbourne and NSW remains a high risk zone, there have been changes to the cross-border community local government areas.
Residents of the cross-border community local government areas will now be required to obtain a permit to cross between Victoria and NSW from 6pm, Friday 13 August.
The reasons Cross Border Community Area residents can cross the Victorian-NSW border still include:
• Necessary goods and services, including medical care
• Organised/community sport and exercise connected to or organised by a club or facility.
• Care or other compassionate reason
• Work (whether paid or voluntary, including for charitable or religious purposes)
• Education (including childcare or early childhood services)
• Receiving a COVID-19 vaccination
Residents will be able to apply for a permit from Thursday afternoon at the Service Victoria website, service.vic.gov.au and via the Service Victoria app.
For more information, please follow the link below: