Update: Regional Victoria restrictions lifted from 9th September 2021
North East Victoria will see easing of restrictions from tomorrow 11.59pm, 9th September 2021.
Regional Victoria has done an incredible job to come out of strict lockdowns. So what does the restrictions look like:
- The five reasons to leave the home will be removed in regional Victoria, except for Greater Shepparton.
- There will be no limit on the distance regional Victorians can travel from home – other than restrictions on entry to metropolitan Melbourne.
- The Authorised Worker list will no longer apply in the regions, meaning most businesses and venues can reopen with capacity and density limits.
- Regional schools will reopen for onsite learning for Prep to Grade 2 and Year 12 students who live in regional Victoria, while remote learning will remain for all other levels.
- Funerals will be permitted for up to 20 people and weddings will be permitted for up to 10 people, plus those required to conduct the service.
- Restaurants and cafes can reopen for seated service with patron caps. Retail, hairdressing, entertainment venues and community facilities will also open in line with density limits and patron caps
- Masks will continue to be required indoors and outdoors, apart from private residences, unless an exception applies.
For further information on COVID restrictions, premier’s statement and table of restrictions, please follow the link below: